A fool-proof and inexpensive full-immersion method of brewing coffee, this little gem is as familiar as a drip machine - it uses #4 filters - and is as simple to use as a French press.
The resulting coffee retains much of the delicious body of a French press, but does away with the sediment. The steep-and-release mechanism means that you can accurately control the brewing, and extract the coffee directly into your mug with no mess.
And at this price, it's about one of the best value brewers you can find.
- Requires a standard #4 filter
- Practical Capacity: 500ml (16.9oz)
- Heat-resistant, durable and BPA-free Eastman Tritan™ copolyester
- Made in Taiwan
Dose: 18.5g | Water weight: 310g | Ratio: 16.75 : 1 | Brew time: 2:30
- Fill kettle to maximum volume, and set to boil (100°C)
- Carefully fold seams of paper filter to allow filter to sit flush in the dripper
- Rinse the filter with hot water to remove paper taste and also to heat the brewer
- Empty water from dripper, place on scale, tare
- Add boiling water (100°C) to full weight (310g)
- Add coffee grinds to the water, start timer
- Use spoon to break-up all dry clumps while stirring the grinds to ensure a full saturation
- Cap the brewer with the lid no later than 0:25 to steep until 1:10
- At 1:10 remove cap
- Break crust by stirring with spoon, pulling residual grounds off of the filter walls, and stir two full rotations
- Place dripper on top of carafe/cup to activate drain-valve while stirring 4 more times to initiate a vortex, replace lid, and wait for coffee to fully drain
- At 2:30 remove lid to check water level (all brewing water should be drained, but it may go as long as 2:45)